Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 2

"'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again."-song lyrics from "Woman" by Peggy Lee.
So what change "occurs" when one decides to become more feminine or "womanly?"  Can we call it a change? Or rather an enhancement? Or a new mind set? (We'll have a better understanding after the 30 days, although I feel as if I am leading most towards the last one...) There is something to be said about a girl that takes care of herself, and I have backup. Last night, (Thurdsay the 2nd) I had the opportunity to interview some guys, some good-looking single MEN.  Did I say MEN? Yes, I believe so.  And I asked them several different questions, (that weren't so eloquently worded, and I think they'll agree haha) about feminity and the female race.  One of the questions I asked was, "What's the first thing that catches your eye about a girl or when it comes to girls?" A few guys said, "Her smile", or "Her eyes".  When asking Scott (25) to describe a feminine girl he said, "A girl that takes care of herself.  That's confidence. It depends on where her confidence comes from though." (That is another topic tomorrow however, the difference between high maintenence and feminine, we decided (the men and I) that those need to be better differenciated between each other..that's for tomorrow:) But let's get back to what men think, because I think we are all DYING to know, haha)  When speaking with Brent (21) about this whole feminine business, he said, "Looks get a girl asked out on the first date.  Personality gets her asked out on the second."  I think this is a reasonable approach, it's nice to know that guys would prefer to date a girl with a good personality rather than date a girl that has the personality of a mailbox.  HOWEVER, looks get a girl asked out on the first date.  As I said previously, there is something to be said about a girl who takes care of herself.  It's okay to curl your hair and put on perfume, to shower on a regular basis.  It's okay to enhance your natural beauty and where things that may fit your body better than a potato sack or brown bag from the grocery store would.  I had a request from a friend to explain what I was doing to make this change of becoming more feminine, because me just sayin, "I will be feminine for 30 days" really is quite vague.  These remaining 28 days, I will take care of myself physically, more than I have in the past. With that being said, here are some ideas (or a list of things that I am doing) for this 30 day experiment, : I get up a bit earlier so I can get in a good exercise, (helps build endorphins for the day), I get up early enough so I can fit in a shower, and fix my hair, (curl, straighten, scrunch, up-do, just so i don't pull it back like I usually do), put on some makeup, deoderant, shaved legs, (yes, even during the winter ladies), wearing blouses more than t-shirts, putting on perfume, (not bathing in it), taking a little bit more pride into high heels, etc. There is just kind of an idea as to some "physical" things you can do.  Now I'm not saying that I didn't do any of these things before, (get that straight, I use deoderant) BUT, now it's a more conscious effort. And PLEASE don't think that I think I'm cool or anything ok? It's an experiment and I think a great deal can be learned from all of it. OH, and about Friday, Sept. 2nd, it was an awesome day. I was so me, and wore an outfit that was so me, BUT I was more particular in how I presented myself.  Pictures will be on their way, I promise. Stay tuned for tomorrow's discussion.  It's about high maintenence..ness. It will be awesome. Have a good night, or morning I should say. haha, goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment